Students and staff are required to have their ID badge in their possession at all times when on Galveston College campus. Security asks that you wear your badge so the Security staff can recognize any visitors or anyone who is not a student or staff.
Security Awareness & Crime Prevention Programs
Campus Security provides an escort service, particularly during the hours of darkness, for persons walking on campus to their vehicles and to staff who work in security-sensitive areas. Please dial extension 361 while on campus or 409.944.1361 for the Security Department.
A lost and found locker is maintained by the Security Department at N-102.
The Campus Security Department provides a program which assists motorists by jump-starting and locating vehicles. This eliminates people from standing in the parking lots for long periods of time with no means of transportation and also eliminates unwanted assistance from strangers. Vehicles cannot be left on campus overnight to become potential targets; prior permission is required for exceptions.
This program is provided to 39th Street and satellite parking lots during inclement weather. Students can call Security to find out if the service is in operation and may wait in the atrium for this service.
The College is unlocked and secured on a daily basis by the officers of the Security Department. Any request to unlock a secured area must be researched by the Security Department and authorization must be granted by personnel in the appropriate area.
Security surveys or audits are made periodically for a number of campus facilities
Surveys of exterior lighting, doors and grounds are periodically conducted by Security Department employees.
The engraving of serial numbers or owner recognized numbers on items of value is strongly encouraged.
Crime prevention articles and materials are routinely published in College publications.
Galveston College is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is illegal. Galveston College will not tolerate any form of sexual harassment. The College is committed to providing training to educate the staff and faculty about sexual harassment issues
Galveston College is a smoke-free campus. Anyone violating the smoking policy is subject to disciplinary sanctions under College procedures including administrative fines or suspension from the College.
The following summarizes the drug and alcohol policies.
- Distribution, possession, or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance without legal authorization is prohibited.
- It is illegal to possess an open container of an alcoholic beverage on campus. Public intoxication, driving while intoxicated, and drinking alcoholic beverages in an unlicensed public place is prohibited
The following is the legal summation of weapons on campus:
- A person commits an offense if, with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon, he intentionally, knowingly, or
- On the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution.
- If you see anyone with a firearm on Galveston College campus, dial 911 immediately.
Get in Touch
REQUEST A COPY OF OUR REPORT TO THE COMMUNITY
Detailed information, brochures and other forms can be mailed to you upon request.
BECOME A STUDENT AT GALVESTON COLLEGE
Please contact our Admission Office on 409-944-1230 who will be happy to arrange this for you.