QEP: Read Deeper Galveston College
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate improvement in analyzing academic reading material.
- SLO 2: Students will demonstrate improvement in academic vocabulary.
- SLO 3: Students will demonstrate increased metacognition and self-reported use of reading strategies.
- More efficient use of study time
- Increased academic performance
- Higher completion rates of gateway courses
- Greater engagement in courses and course texts
- Foster more engaged students who have completed course readings before class and arrive prepared and ready for discussion
- More class time to move beyond rote course knowledge and facilitate deeper exploration and application in their disciplines
- Opportunities to grow professionally
For Galveston College
- Continued progress towards fulfilling the College’s mission to be a comprehensive community college committed to teaching and learning
- Increased student success in gateway courses which is tied to state funding
- Bolster its reputation of preparing knowledgeable thinkers and problem solvers, ready to transfer to other institutions and enter the workforce
Virtual Tour of Main Campus
4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, TX 77550
Phone: (409) 944-4242 / Fax: (409) 944-1501 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday & Tuesday
8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.