- Galveston College has developed Campus Motor Vehicle Rules and Regulations for the purpose of proper identification of vehicles of persons who have legitimate business with the College; to ensure safety/notification of students, faculty, and staff in an emergency; to provide orderly parking, traffic and use of parking facilities; to provide for the issuance of vehicle identification permits; to ensure pedestrian safety; and, to provide for enforcement in the event of a violation. The operation of a motor vehicle on Galveston College property is governed by College rules and regulations.
- The fact that a violation notice is not issued when a violation occurs does not imply that the regulation or rule is not in effect. Each vehicle operator is responsible for knowing and following the parking rules and regulations.
- Campus Security has been charged with the authority to enforce these regulations, including the right to immobilize or tow vehicles for specific violations and/or for repeat violators. The owner or operator of an immobilized or towed vehicle is responsible for the cost of towing and storage fees in addition to any other assessed fines.
- The College assumes no responsibility for any vehicle or its contents while the vehicle is parked or operated on College property. All vehicle operators should lock or otherwise secure their vehicles when parked on the Galveston College campus.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles: All students, faculty and staff at Galveston College are required to identify their motor vehicles on campus through the use of a Galveston College Parking Permit. Parking Permits may be obtained free of charge from Media Services (R-120) by completing the appropriate form.
- Procurement of a Parking Permit by students or employees does not guarantee a specified parking space. Each driver is responsible for finding a legal parking space. Inability to locate a parking space is not an excuse for violating parking regulations.
- A Parking Permit may not be obtained for or displayed by an individual ineligible to receive the permit. The College may suspend for a period of up to one (1) year, the parking privileges of individuals who violate this regulation.
- Reserved Parking Permit: GC Employees assigned to designated reserved (restricted) parking spaces will be required to display a valid parking permit and the reserved parking hang-tag.
NOTICE: Parking in a Galveston College parking space/lot requires a valid Galveston College Parking Permit. All others will be towed. Parking Permits may be obtained (with proof of current paid registration) from Media Services (R-120).
Several parking spaces have been designated, and are clearly marked as Visitor Parking with a one (1) hour limit. Violators will be towed.