3 Semester Program
Are you looking for a career where you can help others feel better by relieving their pain and stress? If so, the Galveston College Massage Therapy program may be right for you. This comprehensive program provides the education, skills and hands-on practical experience you need to pursue this rewarding career.
This three semester program features classroom instruction, hands-on training and client service internships. To help you transition from student to practitioner, you will complete an internship in which you work directly with clients to provide massages.
Upon successful completion of our program you should be ready to take the National Massage Therapist Exam, to become licensed and to practice in the state of Texas. This program meets the requirements of individuals planning to take the MBLEX exam and State Jurisprudence Examination for state licensing put forth by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) and presents material in business practices and ethics, anatomy and physiology, health and hygiene, chair massage, pathology, hydrotherapy, kinesiology, history of massage, body mechanics, massage techniques and rehabilitative aspects of massage. Additionally, students will have a practice internship on proper massage protocol for various populations.
This program runs over three semesters and combines classroom lecture with a “hands-on” skills laboratory setting, including internship. Students who successfully complete the course should be prepared to take the (TDLR) exam for licensure as a massage therapist in the State of Texas.
Tuition is approximately $3,500 total, with $1,500 due to get started.
- MSSG 1009 – Health and Hygiene
- MSSG 1011 – Fundamentals 1
- MSSG 2013 – Kinesiology
- MSSG 2014 – Pathology for Massage
- MSSG 1012 – Reflexology/Chair Massage
- MSSG 2011 – Fundamentals 2
- MSSG 1013 – A&P for Massage
- MSSG 1005 – Therapeutic Modalities/Hydro
- MSSG 1007 – Business Practices & Ethics
- MSSG 2086 – Internship June
For admission to the Massage Therapy Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- Be physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially able to complete the program.
- Complete the healthcare requirements and background check and HIPPA Training, as stated on the website prior to registration.
- Register for fall classes.
- Be available during summer hours to complete internship.