April 15, 2019 by Carol Langston Campus News, Continuing Education, Faculty and Staff, Featured Campus News, Student Activities, Uncategorized 0 comments
2019 Health and Wellness Fair set for April 17
Galveston College will host its 2019 Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, in the Abe and Annie Seibel Foundation Wing.
Sponsored by the Galveston College Employee Relations and Wellness Committee and Office of Student Activities, the Health and Wellness Fair is free and open to the public.
Highlights of the event will include the following:
- blood pressure checks by Galveston College Nursing and Emergency Medical Services students and faculty;
- immunizations for participants eight years of age and older by Walmart Pharmacy;
- free flu shots donated by American National Insurance Co. and provided by Affinity Immediate Care;
- HIV testing and information on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) by Access Care of Coastal Texas (ACCT);
- one free hour of yoga from 12-1 p.m. with Galveston College yoga instructor Jim Turner;
- information and pre-registration packets by UTMB Health Radiography-Breast Imaging;
- games and prizes by Anytime Fitness and
- healthy snacks by Galveston College Culinary Arts.
Other participating exhibitors will include Alzheimer’s Association – Houston and Southeast Texas Chapter, MD Anderson Cancer Center, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas, the Galveston County Health District-Public Health, Ball High School Teen Health Center, Inc., Resource and Crisis Center of Galveston County and Affinity Immediate Care.
“We are excited to once again host a Health and Wellness Fair for the students, faculty and staff of Galveston College,” said Joyce Landry, Human Resources payroll/benefits specialist. “This event is designed to help educate our community, students, faculty and staff about health services available in the community and to focus on issues related to health and wellness.”
For more information, contact Landry at (409) 944-1280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.